Atlanta Kick has been running Remote Learning Pods (supported by Kim Bishop – Founder of the My After School Program) since August 26th and is excited to offer camp on Asynchronous Wednesdays! Atlanta Kick is offering a clean place where your kids can virtually attend their school’s online classes in small pods, to work on school provided assignments. Staff and Teachers will be available to keep kids on task, and support them as needed. Time and weather permitting, kids will have time to get outside and get their bodies moving so they can be kids! We welcome K – 5th Grade students attending Atlanta Public Schools, private schools and surrounding counties.
- Dates and Pricing: see the signup form below
- Camp Hours: 8am – 2:30pm
- Refund Policy: If you cancel more than 1 week in advance, you get 90% of your money back. If you cancel after that, there are no refunds.
Atlanta Kick is Atlanta’s oldest and most trusted martial arts and fitness facility for kids and adults. In business for over 25 years, we are well equipped to support the needs of families who are in need of a place for their kids that is clean and founded on the values of discipline, perseverance, and respect.
My After School Program has been a vital part of local school communities for over 16 years. Their mission is to provide a healthy, safe environment in which teachers provide quality after school care to all students. Students are given the opportunity to participate in enrichment activities, study time, physical exercise, and homework help sessions.
What to Expect
Student / Parent Expectations
We are all in this together and want to create an environment in which your child is successful with Virtual Learning! We will work with your child to provide structure and a schedule to meet his/her daily school requirements. We will need your help. Please provide us with logins and instructions from their school.
- Masks – Staff will wear masks at all times, and students will be required to wear masks when they are not sitting at their desks in their small pod.
- Pods will be based on student’s grade (as much as possible)
- We help keep kids on task and support them as needed
- Recreation / Exercise breaks
- Snack and Lunch breaks
- Curated social time
Lunch and snacks: Students will need to bring lunch and snacks from home….nut-free foods to accommodate those with allergies. Weather permitting, we may eat outside, or we will eat in the classroom. We will adhere to distancing and safety guidelines.
Hand washing & bathroom usage: We have single use bathrooms in the center. There will only be 1 child (1 boy / 1 girl) excused for bathroom usage at a time. We require children to wash their hands upon arrival in the morning, after bathroom usage, throughout the day as necessary, and before and after eating. We provide hand sanitizer for use throughout the day.
Water: Kids must bring a water bottle from home. Staff members will aid in filling water bottles for those that need it (children will not be allowed to fill their own water bottles).
Cleaning: Our facility, including desks and chairs will be cleaned and sanitized at the end of each day. Bathrooms will be cleaned/sanitized throughout the day as needed.
What to Bring
Please plan to send your child with the following supplies:
- Laptops / tablets and chargers
- Workbooks or Textbooks
- Notebooks / paper / pencils
- Headsets – We require each student to provide a headset with a microphone (as there will be multiple students in the classroom attending Virtual Lessons, this will be the best way to ensure your child can adequately hear his/her teacher). We highly recommend you try the headset at home for compatibility with the device and comfort (children will be wearing their headset for online instruction for many hours during the day).
- As teachers/ schools provide additional details on other needed supplies, there may be additional requests.